Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Imperfections

I trip and I fall.
I hear the ring,
But I miss the call.
My face isn't perfect,
I got blemishes
Here and there.
But I can walk
Downtown
Without a care.
I miss the perfect set,
I shank the ball,
I dive onto the floor,
But we lose the score.
But I can still keep
A smile on my face,
And next time I'll just
Pick up my pace.
I'm short, not tall,
Yet I wanna spike over all.
I got bruises and
I got cuts,
But I still say,
"Nothing's gonna stop us."
My hair is unbearable,
My nose is too big,
My face is round,
But I make no sound.
I just stare at my mirror
Wondering why I can't be
Pretty,
Gorgeous,
Beautiful.
I see the way I stand,
I analyze the structures
Of my hand.
Why can't I look like
An angel sent to land?
My voice not as great,
I regret everything I ate.
My fingers short but wide,
I haven't got everything
Including a good sense of pride.
I'm up and then I'm down
On this negative ride.
But I wanna strive for more.
Look for the better score.
Not worry about my looks,
Otherwise that's gonna be the end
Of my book,
My featured section.
I want the world to be the cold house,
And have them let me be their convection.
I wanna move,
And I wanna prove
That what I got is
More than I've shown.
It's like I'm gonna leave America
And take over England's throne.
Our imperfections don't tell us who we are,
They honestly tell us what we will become.
Imperfections are key
To what makes everyone the best that they can be.
I'm proud to say that imperfections are all I want for me.

July 23, 2010

Other Bloggers