Friday, October 15, 2010

Lighthouse

Since the time you lost me,
Memories keep flooding my mind.
My lighthouse began to lose light.
I couldn't see anything out in that sea.
I couldn't tell that we were meant to be.
Stars never aligned anymore.
His belt disappeared,
My heart felt sore.
I felt like the lighthouse
Didn't want our light to shine.
I felt it didn't want me to see you,
Didn't want you to be mine.
It never let me search for you,
Never let me try to find you.
I felt I lost you.
Then you told me our general truth.
The lighthouse had a purpose after all.
But it crashed into the sea.
Its stability was poor.
I was sure I'd died. 
But something came to save me, 
Something arrived.
Something rowed me into shore.
I had some cuts and bruises,
Had a shard of glass stuck to my shoulder,
Felt I was getting colder.
But he ran me up to safety,
And I survived pretty much believably. 
The lighthouse used to be our only safe haven.
But now the light is merely a single static shock.
Time for more ticking of the clock.
Here I am, healing in peace.
The hero remains at my side.


May 28, 2010

Other Bloggers