Friday, October 15, 2010

To Live Again

I've bled and I've scarred.
I've been torn apart.
Rain never seemed to stop.
My heart always seemed to drop.
The inside of me
Didn't know how to handle things.
The outside of me just kept
On that deceived smile.
I'd cry at night and
No one would know.
No one would know how
Much I'd let go.
But the desire to wasn't
Allowed. I knew I wouldn't
Be able to stand the crowd.
Show them my colors.
But time has passed.
Minutes, hours.
I am no longer cowering.
I have no need to bleed.
The sword isn't at my neck anymore.
I am no longer in chains.
The blood in my veins
Keep moving.
I think I am. I'm improving.
I think I am.
I'm healing. 
The scars are almost gone.
I am no longer on the run.
I'm sober, the pain is almost over.
I'm never gonna take a knee again.
I'm sure this is the end
Of that glorious journey.
I'm gonna become a new me.
Yo crei. Ahora estoy viviendo.


May 26, 2010

Other Bloggers