Friday, October 15, 2010

Lo Sono un Gladiatore

You can hold me by my neck.
You can point the rod towards my heart.
You can hold me captive for hours,
But I'm never gonna give up, give in.
My point is, you'd never win.
I am strong-willed.
My strength continues to build.
I'm persistent and skilled.
I never cower or give in to defeat.
I'd never lay at your feet.
If I have to,
I'll give my life,
Because then if I don't 
I'll know you've won.
Which to me is an impossibility.
I'll always fight 'til the night falls.
Fight past the morning dawn.
I am no pawn to your game.
We are not the same.
I am through with being your slave,
Being your mere prizefighter.
I am more than that.
I am brave, dauntless.
I'm strong, fearless.
Your army doesn't scare me,
Nor your fire.
I'll never take a knee before you and your empire.
I'll die by my sword no matter what.
That way, I die for the others like me so that their chains will be cut.
I am a Gladiator.


May 27, 2010

Other Bloggers