Friday, October 15, 2010

I Say, Let's Travel the USA

I step out of my window.
It's the early morning.
It's 6 a.m.
Time to sneak on a train
To south Georgia.
Visit Tybee Island
And then slip into Florida.
I need an adventure.
See new things.
Hitch hike if I have to.
Then find my way up north,
Then take a pit stop in Bonnaroo.
I'll stop by Music City, Nashville,
Steal a car and head west.
Right now, I don't need the rest,
I just needa find where 
They can cook the best
Pancakes. 
Travel even further 
To find juicy steaks. 
Then set my traveling to Hollywood.
Put in some Chuck Berry 
And jam to "Johnny B. Goode".
Next I'll ditch the stolen car
And find my way to a motorcycle.
Hit the highways, drink some sodas
And forget to recycle.
Ride the edges of the USA,
Meet along the borders with Canada
And continue even til the next day. 
It's now 9:53,
The night shines on Miss Liberty
And I am as sleepy as can be.
But the day's not over.
I leave my motor
And catch a cab.
Hours later I'm in Greensboro.
I'm headin back south.
Headin back to my couch
Back in Athens, Georgia.
First we gotta stop by Hilton Head,
Lay on a bed
Made of sand 
And listen to the waves.
Relaxin, but it's 11:47 p.m.
Home calls my name.
My thumb sticks out,
And on the third try I get a BMW.
Give them the last of my lute
And tell them to head to my home.
It's 5:59 a.m.
I step back into my window,
Shut the blinds and 
Wish myself the best goodnight.


June 8, 2010

Other Bloggers