Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Night in Athens

Seventy-one degrees.
By eight it's dark.
Orion sits in the sky.
Waiting for the lightning bugs to fly.
69 degrees.
The breeze,
It's fulfilling.
This summer weather makes
Everything worth living
For. I see no downpour.
The night sky is dark blue.
It makes the stars shine bright.
Makes thing's a bit more peaceful tonight.
Nature's love surrounds me.
It shows me things I can't see
During the daylight.
Now the stars align.
This world from the trampoline,
It all feels like it's mine.
Feels as if it is for me to define.
65 degrees.
It's 8:30 p.m.
The crystals of the sky are like a gem.
They allow me to dream.
They allow me to think.
As I look into the sky,
They allow me to feel as if I'm flying.
It's death-defying,
It's such a rush.
61 degrees.
It's five til nine.
I begin to think of the thing's that make
My world shine.
Night skies that allow me to define it
Beautiful.

April 25, 2010

Other Bloggers