Friday, October 15, 2010

Stronger

Don't throw your fists at me. 
Don't block my sight so I can't see. 
Are you scared? 
Or were you scared? 
Feeling as if you're unprepared 
For our fight? 
Imagine that time you turned 
Off my light, 
You threw me into the night, 
Into the streets 
And bent me at my knees. 
You didn't even consider my 
"Please..." 
But I realized it was stupid. 
Cupid got it wrong. 
You tell me to come along, 
I say, "who do you think you are?" 
You pushed me down, 
And kicked my sides. 
I just laid there and felt no need to hide. 
You would've just hurt me again. 
But I'm telling you, 
In the end, 
I'm standing back up. 
You can't keep me down any longer. 
I've grown, become much stronger. 
You can continue to pay our monthly bill, 
But I'm setting off, 
I've set my new will and I'm gonna take charge.


June 8, 2010

Other Bloggers