Friday, October 15, 2010

The Southern Rain

My backyard floodin with water. 
The rain pouring yet it's still gettin hotter. 
The sun's still out shinin, 
Birds are still callin. 
And this humid Georgian air 
Continues to keep crawlin 
Up my skin. 
When will this rain stop 
So my face can feel the wind? 
I gaze up into the sky, 
Every raindrop catches my eye. 
They fall as individuals, 
But then they land, 
And they blend. 
But they haven't reached their end. 
They move along, 
They greet the grass. 
Other fellow raindrops they pass. 
They soak in, 
Deep in the mud. 
I watch the leaves get battered down. 
Watch the berries in the front of our house 
Continue to fall to the ground. 
Each squirrel tryin to find a place to rest. 
All the birds flyin towards their cozy nest. 
Howlin dogs just wantin to play outside. 
Our neighbors runnin out from their cars 
Tryna get to the inside. 
Every little innocent chipmunk 
Crawlin under bushes to hide. 
Here in Athens, the rain just 
Continues and continues their stride. 
It just never stops. 
The raindrops keep fallin cold against my skin, 
While I look up into the sky waitin for the sun to begin.


May 31, 2010

Other Bloggers