Friday, October 15, 2010

Contemplating the Last

I don't know what you intended. 
I don't know what you were doing. 
I guess I just don't know anymore. 
Did you even care? 
Were you just playin some game? 
How did you feel when you said my name? 
I feel like I just meant nothing now. 
What did you want from me? 
Why did you even speak to me? 
I wish you'd just answer me honestly. 
But it's over now. 
And now I just think over and over. 
Was I stupid to believe you? 
Were you just being a character? 
Did you even mean the things you've said. 
Cuz in my mind, I believed. 
But possibly realizing now, 
I think I was just being deceived. 
You let me go so easily. 
You didn't even seem to mind after 
The blow. 
Seemed as if you didn't care. 
Maybe you might've been just acting brave 
And acting tough. 
But not seeming to mind 
Is a bit rough. 
But I guess now I'll never know. 
I guess now your jet boat has sailed. 
You've walked over my bridge, 
So I'm gonna set out to hike that ridge. 
Forget the past 
And just be free of this at last.


June 1, 2010

Other Bloggers