Sunday, October 17, 2010

Two Different Worlds

I'm running down alongside
The train tracks.
I race, try to get it to stop!
But it didn't hear me shout.
It never even slowed down.
I tried even harder.
But they just couldn't see me.
I stopped.
Watched the train fly by,
Leaving me behind.
When it was gone,
I stepped on the tracks,
Balanced each step.
I looked ahead into the open area.
Nothing seemed to haunt me.
Nothing came at me from behind.
Nature seemed to be kind.
No rain, no storm.
The wind was calm.
Cool air, sunny skies.
It fullfilled my eye.
Beauty from all around.
But how will I get home?
I'm out in a barren area,
No help, no phone.
But I look out to my left and right.
I see light.
Looks like buildings.
"In the desert?" I thought.
Well, change is good.
I'll just keep walking and go with the flow.
Don't stop, just hit that city, jump in a taxi cab and go.
 
May 5, 2010

Other Bloggers