Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Came Around

My train was gone.
I was left to walk along its tracks.
Hours I spent,
Trying to get back home.
So I thought of that one time in Rome.
I saw all the Ancient places.
Breathed in Italian air.
Wishing that I was still there.
And while I was there,
I thought of that one time in
Vegas.
Sin City brought me to my knees.
Everything bigger than me.
Too expensive for my wallet you'd agree.
And I'd never forget that havoc heat.
But I entered into a world full of clowns.
Circus, Circus and shopping downtown.
Rollercoasters within a space,
Buffets within my reach.
I didn't even think of Peach.
And while I was in Sin City,
I thought of the time when I was in Cali.
I swam in oceans cool and warm.
I wasn't even bothered by the storms.
I hung around the pools and sun.
Walked on legos and had some fun.
Rode rides, laughed till I cried.
Then sat down till the funnel cake abide.
And when I was in Caliifornia,
I remembered the time I was last at home.
Peaceful, under the stars.
No cars, no sound. Just brightness above my head.
Georgia air I inhaled.
Georgia air I exhaled.
And I thought about that time I missed my train.
And how I was left to walk along its tracks, under the Athenian rain.

April 16, 2010

Other Bloggers