Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's My Home

I come from a wide open range.
It ain't that strange.
Bein with these animals make me feel at home.
Here, in this single stop-light town,
You'd be lucky to wear that ol' Cap and Gown.
You'd be ables to fly to the city.
The city big and bold.
Everyone wanna live there.
They've got them motor sports cars,
Them big buildings, all them stores,
Them fancy cellulars.
They even gots all them fast food restaurants.
City seems to have gots all I've ever wanted.

I've lived on Avenue B for a week now.
I've lived all around Alphabet City.
Been here, been there. It's not that weird.
I've been from city to city my whole life.
No real friends cuz I'm always on the move.
My new Coach purse is so messed up.
My younger sister is like such a slob.
That's why I'd even be lucky to find a job.
To get away from her.
Well rather a taxi cab than job.
I can never see the stars out here like I
Used to on this one mountain in Georgia.
For that month I lived in McRae, I'd go outside
Just for the stars. It relaxes me and lets me think.
That country life style seems to have everything
I'd love to have.

However, my home is my home
And wherever I'm from, I'm from.
No matter what kind of problems life may bring,
It's mine. It's my home.
It's where I belong, it's what I grew up around.
It's my home, it's where I'm from.
It's my life, and it's my heart.
Your home is where you learn to first go and start.
 
May 6, 2010

Other Bloggers