Sunday, October 17, 2010

Old Rivals Come for Revivals

What would truly happen?
How would thing's be brought into the light?
How would it be if I just saw him, right here. Tonight.
I'd shut my window, lock all the doors.
Be the one to call all the scores.
"Play" doesn't fit into my vocabulary.
I realized this was anything but extraordinary.
You sat in your high chair,
Stared me down with a glare.
My shoulders bled. Your sword brought grief.
My arms were bind,
All I had was a fief.
One too small,
Yours at the highest rank.
But my ship hasn't sank.
I'm still not that weak.
I'll never be weak, because I know
That's what you seek.
You told me words, told words to my heart.
Remember? You said,
"Fall, but never apart."
"Will you wait for me,
Do you truly love me?"
I realized, it was all a game from your eyes.
You probably wouldn't even have cared if it was
Your own man that dies.
You lied.
You stole.
And I knelt and took the toll.
All you wanted was to hurt me,
See me bleed. But I don't surrender so easily.
All I'm saying is, no pain that comes towards me will succeed.
No one's ever gonna bring the end upon me, all you'll find is the best of me.

May 4, 2010

Other Bloggers