Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Homeless

The night's cold and I've
Nowhere to go.
Shadows follow my every move.
In the middle of this road I stand
With nothing in my hand,
Confused,
Abandoned,
Helpless.
Why ain’t there no light?
Why this city so down?
I'm here now,
Lyin’ on this cold, hard ground.
My stomach, neglected,
My fingers, frozen.
My clothing, limited.
Nothin’ to protect my head,
That’s why I lay hopeless on these
Stone steps instead.
Seems as if my life ain’t permitted.
My thoughts, my feelings, my doings,
Omitted.
I ask,
"Why, God?
Can't you help me?
I'm tired,
Hungry.
I’ve no work,
Yet I ain't free."
Some things just ain't right,
I'm sittin’ here alone tonight
Not wantin’ things
To be the same tomorrow.
The stares and the glares,
They ain’t nothin’ but pity.
Seems as if there's nothin’ left
On this Earth, ‘cept me,
Even if I do see faces all around,
Life ain’t where I’m bound.
They don't take the time to help my needs.
I'm telling you,
It’s just me.


August 3, 2010

Other Bloggers