Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sweet Romance

A kind of romance:
It's candle lit under the
Night sky, breeze low,
Tides high.
Sweet smell of
Raspberry wine.
My hand in yours,
Your lips on mine.
Curtains blowing,
Intimacy unknowing.
Tables turned,
Each candle burned.
The wind blows them out,
Each kiss leaving us
With no doubt.
Untouched loaves of
French bread.
You'd say,
"Let's sit on the couch instead."
"My love, show me what love is tonight."
Then you'd take me by my hand,
And we'd get out of sight.
But love,
My love is more than that.
Being with you,
Being true with you,
Is wondrous to me.
Sitting in movie theater seats,
Having the lights down low,
Seated all the way at the back.
Holding your hand
While our gazes grow.
It feels natural,
Our body close together.
Seems like it could last forever.
Each breath,
Each kiss,
Soft and sweet.
Handsome is the face I can see
Because of the unrelentful movie screen.
Romance,
It's being with a person you wanna be with.
It's laughing,
Loving that person,
Being sweet, kind and caring.
Romance is something to me,
It's being happy.

July 29, 2010

Other Bloggers