Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Spark and Flame

But, 
It slipped through my fingers. 
If only the night had lingered. 
I could've seen fireworks in my eyes. 
I could've watched our skies 
Surprise this night. 
Each flashing light, 
Every spark and flame, 
Everytime you'd call my name, 
I could've been there. 
We could've seen every bright, 
Flashing firework. 
The night just wasn't the same. 
But it just slipped through my fingers. 
Every spark and flame. 
Our night just passed by 
As I looked into the sky 
And just saw the stars. 
Each connection, 
Every twinkle they made. 
Nothing seemed to fade 
But my memory of last year's fireworks. 
The sparks would've handed us flames. 
The flames would've moved us ahead in game. 
Our pieces would've moved forward. 
But I realized there's so much more to look toward. 
We just gotta wait for the spark to flame.


July 4, 2010

Other Bloggers