Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Don't Let This Summer Be Our Last

If you leave me tonight,
My heart will be gone.
Nothing else in the world
Will matter anymore.
My life and soul
Will have vanished,
Been broken,
My life forever closed.
The door that was once open,
Lifeless and unloved.
You're my everything
And I know I'm yours,
Because our heart is all
We've ever dreamed of.
There won't be no love,
Just broken tears raining
Down my cheeks.
The cheeks you would
Have once kissed and
Caressed with the back
Of your sweet hand.
I wouldn't see
Anymore smiles from the
Soft texture of your lips.
No warm hugs when
Football games are filled
With cold air.
No more
Kitty and Teddybear.
Just my empty hand
Dangling in the wind.
Just my heart slowly
Sinking down, slowly caving in.

Please don't leave,
I'm your everything
And you're mine.
Don't let this summer
Be the last time I look
Into your eyes.

June 1, 2011

Other Bloggers