Monday, November 22, 2010

If I Never Knew

Without you,
My heels wouldn't be
Over my head.
I'd be lying in bed,
Contemplating everything.
I still do,
But with you,
It's different.
I think of your smile.
The way you hold my hand.
The way you touch my lips.
Keeps me thinking there's nothing
Better than this.
Without you,
Roses wouldn't be
Red and romantic.
I wouldn't notice
Eagles soar across our sky.
You wouldn't be my Superman,
I wouldn't have a shoulder to lean on and cry.

Without you,
My world would be different.
I would just be me,
Nothing more.
I'd just be lying on my
Bedroom floor,
Contemplating everything.
I still do,
But with you, it's different.
I think,
"What if I never knew?
Where would I be?"
I know I wouldn't believe
In true love if
You hadn't found me.
It's a feeling I never knew.
And I wouldn't want any other
But us two;
I'm only whole
When I'm with you.

November 22, 2010

Other Bloggers