Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Battle Scars

Battling unearthed wars is demanding.
Step inside my mind, see where I'm standing.
Believe in my instinct just once,
Understand where I'm coming from.
Take a shot for me as I would for you.
But those are things you can't do,
You won't do.

Be still in my presence.
Watch my eyes, see them break,
See them cry.
Look beyond my flesh,
Be there to catch my breath.
Hold my hand before I fall.
See this heart go through it all.

Battle through my broken smiles.
Break into my heart,
Tear me apart,
And fix me all over again.
Understand this place I'm coming from.
Patch my wounds just enough.
Feel my mind racing up mountains.
Observe my heart through rising actions.

I'm not saying that I'm at war.
Just scent my thoughts, feelings, worries.
Believe in my love, my choice of words.
Hold my heart closer to yours.
Resharpen tormented swords,
And bask in present glory.

July 18, 2012

Other Bloggers