Thursday, December 22, 2011

Similes of Love

It's near the end of December
And yet our love blooms like in the Spring.
Babe, when we're together
Butterflies flutter and lovebirds sing.
I'm taken by your gentle touch
And the way you sweep me off my feet.
Everything you are and everything you do
Is so tender and sweet.
But love, I'm as fragile as glass
Laying out in the middle of a highway.
I'm as weak as a light weight
Bearing beneath rushing tidal waves.
But love, you carry me back
From ocean deep and you
Breath air back into my lungs.
My heart is so strung on your love,
So willing and so eager, so strong.
You take me back to where I belong,
The place that you dedicate a song
To me, singing, I love you "just the way you are,"
Everything you are and for who you are.
But love, who you are is my everything.
And I love you just the way you are.

December 22, 2011

Other Bloggers