Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Fighter

Sometimes my mind gets scared.
Like I am not confident enough.
As If I am not strong to be tough.
As if I can't level up.

I feel as if I am weak.
As if there is tape holding
Back my cheeks,
Like I can't even speak.
As if there are chains
Around my wrists.
I am being held down to this,
No confidence.
Low to the ground.
My ear only listens 
To my mind.
"You are not worth it," it would say.

I'm in a prison.
I try and try to fight
To get out,
To the top.
Fighting, never willing to stop.
I'm being held,
But I won't back down.
I'm not no one's clown.
No crown will be placed on their head.
I'm off to the races,
Gonna fight 'til I bleed.
They will beat me,
Hurt me,
Watch me as I cry.
I may be hurting,
But I'm alive on the inside.

My soul will never quit.
I know what I want
And I'll do anything to get it.
I'll reach to the top
No matter what I do,
Because I know my strength,
It says, "No one can stop you."

I'll undertake the pain,
I'll fall but I'll still stand.
I'm trudging beneath this rain,
But I won't take no hand.
I'll listen to my heart,
I'll find my power deep within.
Nothing could bring down my confidence,

Nothing will create my end.

I'm going to fight, again and again
'Til I reach my top.
I'm aiming towards my victory,
I'm gonna find the strength in me.
My will, my heart.
Confidence.

December 18, 2010

Other Bloggers